I love scrambled eggs and I love cooking with butter and Ina is my Goddess in that regard! The success of these eggs are the whisking, no joke, and the constant movement in your pan. Don’t let them sit or you will have hard pieces and it won’t be great! This recipe may be divided into fourths with no problem! they are really amazing!
- 16 extra-large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk or half-and-half
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, divided
- 6 ounces fresh goat cheese, such as Montrachet, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
Add the eggs and cook them until the desired doneness, stirring constantly. Off the heat, add the goat cheese, chives, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Stir and allow the eggs to sit for 30 seconds, until the cheese begins to melt. Check for seasonings. Serve hot.
You will totally flip for these eggs! Enjoy!
Have a great weekend!